Get user's stream through a browser

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Hello,
I'm writing a small web application that will show to the user its recently tweets(and also the ones he follows).
I'm able to redirect the user to a URL which there he authorize my app, then the browser redirects him to the callback URL which i provided in my app settings.
From this point i'm pretty lost, i know that i have to make a request to: https://userstream.twitter.com/1.1/user.json
but not sure about how do i do it with this API.
Thanks in advance
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Hello,

All depends on whqt you want to do.
The UserStream allows to have a permanent connection to Twitter in order to get the latest events related with a specific User Token (that you get from the callback parameters).

At this point you should be able to use the UserStream in a dedicated service on your server and communicate with the client.
If you are not willing to have the tweets update in live you can use various methods like User.GetLatestHomeTimeline for example. It retrieves the tweets displayed on the timeline of the user you are connected with.
var user = new TokenUser(token);
var tweets = user.GetLatestHomeTimeline();
I would be happy to helpyou but please let me know what you wish to do.

Kind Regards,
Linvi
Dec 31, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Thank you very much for the quick response!

The example you gave it's exactly what i need, but the problem that in order to create an instance Token , i need to have also the AccessSecretToken which i don't have.
After a user authorizes my app and get redirected to my callback url, i only get two parameters returned: oauth_token and oauth_verifier .
Where should i get the AccessSecretToken from ?

Thanks a lot!
Ben