How Can I pull the last 10 tweets of a user? (if at all)

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM
When I start my stream, can I just pull the last 10 tweets of a given user in my user list?
If not with the api, is there another way?
Jan 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM
UserStream allow you to get tweets of a specific user in live.
To get the previous tweets of a user, use the method .GetHomeTimeline() that is available on a TokenUser.
When calling this method you can specify a the maximum number of tweets you want to receive.

Let me know if this helps.
Linvi
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Okay, I know it has been close to a month but I just started working on my code again, what I am trying to do is get the last few posts of another user.
I found this in ExampleInvi:
 private static void Timeline_GetUserTimeline(string username)
        {
            var user = User.GetUserFromScreenName(username);

var timelineTweets = user.GetUserTimeline();
            foreach (var tweet in timelineTweets)
            {
                Console.WriteLine(tweet.Text);
            }
        }
I tried to implement it like so:
        public void getTimeLine()
        {

var user = User.GetUserFromScreenName("mytestaccount");

var timelineTweets = user.GetUserTimeline();
            foreach (var tltweet in timelineTweets)
            {
                Console.WriteLine(tltweet.Text);
            }

}
But the issue that I ran in to was:

Error 1 'Tweetinvi.User' does not contain a definition for 'GetUserFromScreenName'

I was using:
using Streaminvi;
using TweetinCore.Interfaces;
using TweetinCore.Interfaces.StreamInvi;
using TweetinCore.Interfaces.TwitterToken;
using Tweetinvi;
using TwitterToken;
Did I miss something or did something change in the API since ExampleInvi was made?
Feb 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Hi,

I had missed to change the GetUserTimeline query since the Twitter migration to SSL queries only which made it return the error 403.
This is now fixed in the latest Source Code.

The TwitterToken namespace will not be required anymore. Please remove it when downloading the latest version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 2/12/2014 at 10:51 AM
Feb 12, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Uhm, well Is the latest SC available via NuGet?
Because I just tried to fetch it via the NuGet PMC and it informed me that I have a reference to the latest version which seems to be "Tweetinvi API 0.8.3.23" on NuGet.
And if it is not available via NuGet, how can I install the latest version manually?
Feb 13, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Hi,

Tweetinvi 0.9 in going to be published as a release probably at the end of next week so I recommend you use it. At this point it will be available thanks to nuget.

For the moment you can download the Source Code and use the Development Solution.
You will find a project named Examplinvi which gives several examples on how to use Tweetinvi. This can also be a starting project.

All followers (follow) will automatically be informed when Tweetinvi 0.9 will be released.

Regards,
Linvi