User lists

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Hi,

Just started using this library for a C# app and so far it's great. One thing that I've noticed is that there appears to be no way yet of getting a users list?

https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1/get/lists

Is this on the list of things to be implemented and if so, is there a timescale for this?

Thanks very much!
James
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Hi James,

This is not yet implemented and it was intended to be implemented in Tweetinvi 0.9.1.0 (4-8 weeks at least).
If you are willing I can implement this feature in the next coming days (1-3 days) for you in Tweetinvi 0.9.0.0?

If so, please start creating your application with Tweetinvi 0.9 as there are multiple differences that will make the code of 0.8.3.23 not compatible with 0.9.
You can download it from the source code here.

Linvi
Feb 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Hi Linvi,

That would be excellent if you are able to do that, I'll use the version in the link you've supplied.

Thanks for the quick response!

James

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM
In the Source Code you will find 2 folder, Release and Development. Select the development one.

I will implement the list feature in the coming days.

Regards,
Linvi
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Hi there,

Your feature is now implemented in the latest version of Tweetinvi 0.9.
var currentUser = User.GetCurrentUser();
var tweetLists = TweetList.GetUserLists(currentUser, true);

tweetLists.Foreach(list => Console.WriteLine("- {0}", list.FullName));
I have also implemented the following list features:
  • Get list from any identifier
  • Create List
  • Update List
  • Destroy List
Enjoy.
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 2/12/2014 at 10:53 AM
Feb 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM
That is excellent, thanks very much!

Feb 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Hi Linvi,

The lists work great and am able to get a users list, however, how would I get the users contained in the specified list? I can't see any way of doing that using an ITweetList?
var lists = TweetList.GetUserLists("someName", true);

var firstList = lists.First();

// get users in firstList?
Regards,
James
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Hi James,

This is another feature which is listed here : Implement : [lists/members]
I can do this one for you for this Monday but please let me know if there are other feature with lists that you need because most of them have not been implemented yet.

You can search for the features related with lists that have and have not been implemented.

Please vote on them and reply to this message with all the features that you need.
I obviously cannot implement all of these in one day but I will try my best to provide each of them as fast as I can.

Regards,
Linvi
Feb 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Ah, I wasn't sure if I was missing something or if it hadn't been implemented yet, I didn't see that feature entry. There isn't any rush for that particular feature so I'll be happy to vote on it and wait as long as it takes, no need to rush getting it done =)

Regards,
James
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Hi James,

Tweetinvi 0.9 is now released and I have added 2 new list features for you.
You can now get the Members of the Lists as well as some Tweets from the list.

Hope this helps you.
Regards,
Linvi