GET users/lookup?

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Hi Linvi,

I have a list of ids. Is there any way I can run the users/lookup api on them in one go and maybe get List<IUser> or something?

Thank you.
Tweetinvi is awesome by the way. And so are you :)
Mar 15, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the compliment :p
Yes it is possible very easily but I think this feature is too much hidden, I will try to make it more accessible in later versions.
User.UserFactory.GetUsersFromIds(userIds);
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 3/15/2014 at 1:44 PM
Mar 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Hi thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

I have another question. Is there any way to create an IUser object with just a screenname or id? I mean to create a user object without calling GET users/show for each object.

I want to get ids of followers of tons of users. And many other methods like GET statuses/user_timeline etc require only the screen_name or the user_id. But the way its setup, i have to create a user object each time which needs that one extra call. Hope you get my point.

I tried to look through the source but i'm a novice programmer and didnt get a single bit.

Thanks for you help.

Lokesh
Mar 16, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I am not sure to understand what you are trying to do.
What information of a user are you willing to access?

If you need information concerning its account, you will need to get the user as I described just before.
If you need to access their user timeline, you don't need to create the user, you can do it directly from their user id.
var tweets = Timeline.GetUserTimeline(userId);
In fact with Tweetinvi you should always be able to do an operation related with a user from its user id.
Please let me know exactly what information you need and I will let you know how you can access them.

Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 3/16/2014 at 5:14 AM
Mar 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Oh, now i notice all those methods.

You're right, i can get all the information with just userid or screenname.

Thanks!

Lokesh
Aug 22, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Hi Linvi
Firstly, thank you for Tweetinvi.

i want to ask a question about GetUsersFromIds(...) function. is there any limit for this function.

For example, if my userlist has 1 million userIds, does function work correctly?

Thanks again.
Aug 26, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Well there is a RateLimit for all the functions of Tweetinvi.
Tweetinvi is not managing the RateLimits for you. Getting all the friend ids of a user with more than 1 million friends will need to have some custom logic where you will check the RateLimit and invoke the appropriate method recursively at the right time.

I could give you an example if you need but such feature is not available directly out of the box because some users will be expecting the query to wait for the RateLimit to refresh and some would expect to stop when the rate limit is empty.

Linvi