.NET issues?

May 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Dear Linvi & Developers,

I really like this library, and it has been a quick and easy start so far. Thanks for bringing it out and sharing with the wider community.

I have encountered a problem though - maybe you can help.

I use two computers

a) laptop with Windows 8 (64bit) and VC Ultimate 10 (I compile my code here)

and

b) desktop with Windows XP (32bit) (run the binaries here)

Both computers have the same version of .NET 4.0 and I share many .NET applications b/w these two machines without a problem.

I have a simple Twitter app, which runs perfectly fine on machine A. However when I run it on machine B it throws an exception the moment it calls TweetInvi code - the "TwitterCredentials.SetCredentials()" call generates an Exception:

The type initializer for 'Tweetinvi.TwitterCredentials' threw an exception

Do you have any clues on how to solve/troubleshoot this? I have the impression that all the DLLs are there, and am not sure where to look for an answer.

Thanks,

Filip
Editor
May 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Edited May 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM
I've been facing the same issue ever since v0.9.

Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral

I use the merged binaries and came across the following thread:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13748055/could-not-load-type-system-runtime-compilerservices-extensionattribute-from-as

But the marked answer didn't help and ilmerge would exit with some symbol not found error.

So the only way is that the machine installs .Net framework v4.5 but its not possible for windows xp.

I really hope we can get a solution for this.
May 3, 2014 at 4:15 AM
Hi imlokesh,

Does that mean that versions prior to 0.9 (ie Alpha 0.8.3.23) work fine under .NET 4.0 & XP?

Maybe I could downgrade...

Thanks,

Filip
May 3, 2014 at 4:28 PM
I end up switching back to Phirehose under PHP.

I blame .NET technology for not being portable as intended...
Coordinator
May 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Hi guys,

I am sorry to hear that. To be honest with you I never tested the API on Windows XP as I though the implementation of the .NET Framework was the same for all these platforms. I will have a look

I have added a Work Item. You can follow it if you want to be informed of the news related with this problem.
I hope I will be able to find a solution.

Regards,
Linvi