[ADMIN] What do you want in Tweetinvi 0.9.5.0?

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM
For Tweetinvi 0.9.4.0 I asked what which new features you wanted to be added.
I think it worked quite well and most of the request have been implemented.

So I am eager to know what you want to come next!

I will review every requests :)

Here is a list of what has been requested and approved:
Kind Regards,
Linvi
Oct 20, 2014 at 6:00 AM
good day,

SSLv3 is disabled by twitter because of the POODLE exploit, i would wish the new dll takes that into consideration because i am now getting the following error: "the request was aborted: could not create SSL/TLS secure channel".

I must apologize if i am using the wrong medium to inform you of this.

Regards
Swaby
Nov 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Automatically queuing actions and performing them as the ratelimit permits is awesome - it's critical to the app I'm doing right now.

I'm slowly but surely just building a queue of actions in a database table, and trying to set a date time when it should be okay to fire.
Nov 12, 2014 at 8:51 PM
How would one manage simulatanous streams? I have a user stream I want to listen to at the same time as a filter stream, but the filter stream does not kick off if the user stream is initiated.
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Automatically queuing actions and performing them as the ratelimit permits is awesome - it's critical to the app I'm doing right now.

You are lucky as the RateLimitHandler is the main feature of Tweetinvi 0.9.5.0.

How would one manage simulatanous streams? I have a user stream I want to listen to at the same time as a filter stream, but the filter stream does not kick off if the user stream is initiated.

I think your problem comes from the fact that you are starting 2 streams in the same thread. Simply use the Async method and everything should work as you expect.
// UserStream
var us = Stream.CreateUserStream();
us.StartStreamAsync();

// FilteredStream
var fs = Stream.CreateFilteredStream();
fs.StartStreamMatchingAllConditionsAsync();
Regards,
Linvi
Nov 13, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Please let us choose whether all replies are included in a UserStream or not. The Twitter API's default mode is to not do this (only show replies to people you follow), but Tweetinvi is hard-coded to always include all replies in a UserStream. I want this to be a user-togglable option in my application, so it would be nice if this was possible to do without workarounds.

The URL is set in the Tweetinvi.Streams.Properties.Resources.resx file, under the name "Stream_UserStream".
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2014 at 4:59 PM
I am more than happy to add the parameters to help you. Though I am not sure I understand why this feature is bothering you?
Tweetinvi is able to separate the different type of messages received from the Stream.

You can filter down the sets of information received by the stream simply by listening to the correct event.
us.TweetCreatedByAnyone += (sender, args) => { // All the Tweets from Twitter };
us.TweetCreatedByMe += (sender, args) => {    // All the Tweets created by myself };
Whatever the reason is, I have added a Work Item, but please reply to my question as I do not understand what are the limitation of Tweetinvi in your scenario.

Linvi
Feb 20, 2015 at 5:00 AM
get all media from the tweet, if it contains 4 images
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Hi,

You can already access to this with the Tweet.ExtendedEntities property.

Linvi
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Tweetinvi 0.9.5.0 will soon be released.
This thread is now closed.

Linvi
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2015 at 1:17 AM
Tweetinvi 0.9.5.0 is now released.
I will update the Documentation in the coming days.

Regards,
Linvi