Tweetinvi C# Desktop Application PIN Authentication

Dec 10, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Hello, I'm looking to add a connector to our desktop application for Twitter using PIN based authorization, I was wondering if you had any examples of this.

Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Hi,

Yes there is: doc.
Otherwise look into the Examplinvi.cs file provided in the downloads.

Linvi
Dec 11, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Hi,

Is there any way to use the 0.9.4.0 library in a .NET 4.0 application? It seems to have dependencies on .NET 4.5
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Tweetinvi is 100% compatible with .NET 4.0 application.
Which dependency are you talking about?

Linvi
Dec 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM
When I try and use credentialscreator from the Tweetinvi namespace it says it cannot find it:
The type or namespace name 'CredentialsCreator' does not exist in the namespace 'Tweetinvi' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Zynk\Zynk.Social.Twitter\oAuthBase.cs    42  48  Zynk.Social.Twitter
And I believe it's because VS2012 logs the following warnings regarding dependancies on the library:
The primary reference "Tweetinvi" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the assembly "Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" which was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". Zynk.Social.Twitter

The primary reference "Tweetinvi" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "Tweetinvi" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Net.Http, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".   Zynk.Social.Twitter

The primary reference "Tweetinvi" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly "System.Runtime, Version=1.5.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "Tweetinvi" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "System.Runtime, Version=1.5.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".   Zynk.Social.Twitter
And several others, have you encountered this previously when trying to use the library in .NET 4.0?

Thanks,
Joe
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Hi,

I think I know what is going wrong. Would you please use the version available on nuget.
This should solve the problem. I will update the release tonight on nuget and publish the 0.9.4.1.

Linvi
Jan 6, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Can you send me a link to the release please? I can't find it.