Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http.Primitives'

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:41 AM
Hi,

Sorry for the rapid fire questions from me but we're having a huge issue that we can't seem to resolve. I'm running into a runtime error that says:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http.Primitives, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

This is after using the newest NuGet version of the API and making sure the solution builds properly. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2015 at 9:54 AM
Hi Josh,

What type of project are you trying to create and which version of the Framework is the project targeting?

Cheers,
Linvi
Apr 30, 2015 at 5:59 PM

I’m using TweetInvi in a website project and the target framework is .NET 4.5.

Josh

Coordinator
May 1, 2015 at 1:46 AM
Hi,

I had written a reply to your post but I might have failed the captcha.
I have built various Web Application with Tweetinvi so I am not sure what is going wrong.

Does your issues comes from upgrading the Tweetinvi package or from installing it into a new solution?

Cheers,
Linvi
May 1, 2015 at 1:52 AM

I’m not exactly sure what you mean. I’ve tried using the newest TweetInvi DLLs straight from the site as well as removing those and grabbing the NuGet version into the solution. I haven’t tried using it in a brand new solution, however.

Regards,

Josh

May 11, 2015 at 10:31 AM
I'm facing the same issue. Did you find a solution to this?

Cheers,
Jesper
Coordinator
May 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM
Hi guys,

Could any one of you send me your project. I cannot reproduce this problem.

Cheers,
Linvi
May 11, 2015 at 9:38 PM
I reinstalled Tweetinvi and it worked.
Coordinator
May 12, 2015 at 12:36 AM
Hi,

Good to hear.
Could you please let me know how you reinstalled it, just in case someone get the same error.

Thanks for the feedback,
Linvi
May 12, 2015 at 3:22 AM
I simple ran this command for my project in the Package Manager Console window:

Update-Package –reinstall TweetinviAPI
Marked as answer by linvi on 5/12/2015 at 1:19 AM