Stream API - Cannot see new followed tweets

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Hi,

Let met start by saying : good work! and nicely done API and documentation.

However, i'm running into the following problem :

When I start a stream on my account (UserStream), I can see all tweets from my followed accounts no problem. But when I add a new followed account, I cannot see tweets (from this new account) until I restart the stream.

I can see the FollowedUser events without any problems.

Is this an expected behavior? Or some kind of bug?

I'm using version 0.9.7.1.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2015 at 1:57 AM
Hi,

I am not sure about this and I will have to test this. But Tweetinvi is raising all the events that Twitter sends to the stream.
I guess you can check if Tweetinvi is missing the message by using the events JsonObjectReceived and UnmanagedEventReceived.
var userStream = Stream.CreateUserStream();

userStream.JsonObjectReceived += (sender, args) =>
{
    var json = args.Json;
};

userStream.UnmanagedEventReceived += (sender, args) =>
{
    var json = args.JsonMessageReceived;
};
If none of these events are raised it means that Twitter does not send the information for the new follower.

Cheers,
Linvi
Jun 8, 2015 at 11:19 AM
Greets,

Thanks for your fast response. This is what I found :

I've subscribed to the userStream.JsonObjectReceived event and the new followed account (without a stream restart) tweets are catched in this event and not the tweetReceived event.

Any ideas on how I can work around this easily?

Thanks again!
Jun 8, 2015 at 1:10 PM
I figured this one out.

I was handling the userStream.TweetCreatedByFriend event, this one doesnt get fired on a new followed account.

But if I handle the userStream.TweetCreatedByAnyone event, it gets fired correctly. Is the TweetCreatedByFriend handled by the API?

Thanks =)
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Hi,

This issue has been fixed and will be released as part of Tweetinvi 0.9.8.0.

Please note that users with more than 10000 friends when the stream starts will not receive the events for all of their followers as described in Twitter documentation.

Regards,
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 6/12/2015 at 12:01 PM