Error "Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream"

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:36 PM
We periodically receive the error message "Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream" when using the filtered stream API. Is there something we can do to prevent the filtered stream from being disconnected? This seems like an issue that's been brought up a few times on the discussion boards but I can't seem to find a fix.

Thanks in advance.
Aug 3, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Hi you are right,

This issue has been around for a long time. I could investigate this for next releases but I think the StreamStopped event should be raised if this error is raised, isn't it?
Would you please let me know how often do you encounter this issue and whether you receive the Stop event.

Linvi
Aug 3, 2015 at 10:58 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2015 at 10:59 PM
Yeah, the StreamStopped event gets raised and we're restarting the stream when the error occurs, but is there any way to prevent it as each stream restart counts against our rate limit. So, if you have too many EOF errors in a short time span, there's a chance the entire application could stop working and need to be manually restarted.

Our application can go hours without any error, but suddenly fail multiple times in a very short time period in the middle of the night or some other time. It appears to be totally random.

I don't know if this helps, but I found a fairly straight forward suggestion to fix the error on stackoverflow -- http://stackoverflow.com/a/12244894/202783
Aug 3, 2015 at 11:20 PM
Hi,

Yes I know about this. Now the issue is that Tweetinvi is a Portable Class Library.
As ServicePoint is not available in PCL I cannot specify that the WebRequest uses SSL3, at least not this way.

I will create a task for this, and I will work on it for Tweetinvi 0.9.10.0.
In the meantime, there is no quick fix that I know of.

Maybe it will be as simple as searching for EOF and PCL but I have my plate really full right now with the release of version 0.9.9.x.

Linvi
Aug 3, 2015 at 11:21 PM
Ok, thanks very much for looking into it. This library has been invaluable to us!
Aug 3, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Cheers,

Please take some time to rate it, blog about it and send me some feedback.
Feedback are specially valuable as they help me take decisions when designing the library.

You can find the work item associated with this issue here.

Linvi
Aug 4, 2015 at 2:58 PM
I absolutely will. Thanks again!
Sep 7, 2015 at 5:38 PM
Hello,

I have just started working on this issue. Would you please let me know if you were able to have a look into this issue on your side?
If so could you please share your knowledge.

Cheers,
Linvi