Creator value when a tweet is a retweet is always my user

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Hi,

Whilst using the user.GetUserTimeline method returns the timeline, I'm confused because the "Creator" of each tweet is always the user I'm getting the timeline for, even though they are retweeting another user's tweets. I was expecting this Creator to be the original tweeter and not my user?

Is this behaviour correct? If so what's the best way to get the actual creator?

Edit: Also I see that all retweets start with "RT @theusername:" - does this mean I have to grab this myself and do the rest?

thanks
Pete
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Hello there,

First of all I would like to tell you that this is the normal behavior.

The UserTimeline as described on Twitter documentation (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1/get/statuses/user_timeline) is a Timeline where you'll see only the posts Published by the user you are targeting.
The user mentions does not appear on the UserTimeline for anybody (even the friends of this user).

Here is the Twitter description :
Returns a collection of the most recent Tweets posted by the user indicated by the screen_name or user_id parameters.

User timelines belonging to protected users may only be requested when the authenticated user either "owns" the timeline or is an approved follower of the owner.
Using the Twitter API 1.1 you are supposed to to retrieve the mentions from your HomeTimeline with the exclude_replies parameter set to false.

If you download the very latest version (https://tweetinvi.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/31523), you will find out that I have update the exclude_replies default value to false.

The HomeTimeline is available from the TokenUser class. Here is an example :
ITokenUser u = new TokenUser(TokenTestSingleton.Instance);
List<ITweet> tweets = u.GetLatestHomeTimeline();
At this point the creator of a mention will be the real creator :)
Please give me some feedback on this issue.

Regards,
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 10/7/2013 at 8:08 AM