HTTP Error 410 on GetRateLimit

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Hi
I just downloaded Tweetinvi yesterday. I have 2 questions

1) I am trying to get the rate limit on the token as you shown in the sample code, but I keep on getting HTTP Error 410 :Expired. Why is that? Any ideas?

2) Tweetinvi supports version Twitter API 1.1, correct? Let's say if Twitter updates their API again, will you be releasing a new version?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Hi Karen,

1) I am trying to get the rate limit on the token as you shown in the sample code, but I keep on getting HTTP Error 410 :Expired. Why is that? Any ideas?

I will investigate and let you know as soon as I have an answer for you.

2) Tweetinvi supports version Twitter API 1.1, correct? Let's say if Twitter updates their API again, will you be releasing a new version?

Yes, we are developing the API for more than a year now we do not plan to stop. This is an ongoing process and you can look at the Download -> Planned section and see what are the future features that we are planning to develop for the next releases.

Also, I am trying to help developers as much as I can when they encounter issues or don't know how to develop something related with Twitter.

Kind Regards,
Linvi
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Hello Karen,

I have identified the issue and will try publish a fix tonight.

Kind Regards,
Linvi
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Hi Linvi
do you need people to contribute to Tweetinvi?
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Hi,

> Could you let me know what possibly the issue is?

410 is an error informing that we are using a deprecated method. During the migration from the API from 1 to 1.1 I have apparently missed the Rate Limit upgrade.
The upgrade in the rate limit behavior is quite important as the rate limit was global to many API calls in the 1.0. Now the limits are now provided foreach of the Operation Contract of the REST API 1.1.

I will implement a TokenRateLimit class containing all the limits existing in Twitter (this should be uploaded within 4-5 hours) and I will send you the link from which you'll be able to download the latest version.

1) Once you publish a fix, NuGet should automatically pick it up, correct?

No, the nuget releases are provided when multiple bug fixes have occurred or a critical bug has been identified in the SDK.
We currently are in 0.8.3.1 and I am planning to release the 0.8.3.2 quite soon as I have corrected multiple bugs.

In the meantime, the latest version is always available from the Download Latest from the Main Page.
The download is provided as a zip containing the sources of the SDK.

2) do you need people to contribute to Tweetinvi?

I would be very happy to find new developers to work with me as the quantity of work is quite big and I am doing this only on my free time.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Kind Regards,
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 10/29/2013 at 4:47 AM
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Thanks, please send me the link once it is up. I want to be able to join to see where I can contribute. But right now, I am just reading your documentation since I just downloaded yesterday.

Be in touch, so we can see how we can collaborate.

Many Thanks,
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM
The bug has now been solved.
You can download the latest version here : Tweetinvi 32417.

I would be glad to have you in the team, I'll contact you tonight to let you have my email :)

Kind Regards,
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 10/29/2013 at 4:47 AM
Oct 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Sure, I will look forward to it. Meanwhile. I am going to try the new fix
Oct 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM
btw, @Linvi
Do you know approximately the timeline for the next version of NuGet will be out?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
As soon as I have a response on the bug report https://tweetinvi.codeplex.com/workitem/1881 I will issue the version 0.8.3.2 on both CodePlex and Nuget.

Linvi
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Hi there,

The 0.8.3.2 has now been published to Nuget.

Linvi