Get more than 100 search result

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:57 AM
hi linvi, is there another way to get more than 100 search result? maybe a way to make a loop to collect tweet until my target search is reached?
anyway,thanks for your help before. you help me done some my task. :)
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Twitter does not provide paging for Tweet search. Consequently this must be done in code playing with the since_id and max_id.

What is the type of target you are willing to reach? Number of tweets, date, tweet id or something else?

I believe this is relevant for search of type Recent and I will implement it tomorrow for you of you wish in tweetinvi 0.9.0.0.

Linvi
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Hi there,

I will add an option (boolean) in the ISearchParameter to say "this search will aggregate results from multiple queries" but I cannot figure out a name that is easy to understand.

I first thought "IsSearchRecursive" but it is not good because this is not recursive, it is just simple loops

If you have any idea please share it!

Linvi
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Edited Feb 6, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Hi,

This is now implemented with the latest version of the Source Code in Tweetinvi 0.9.0.0.
You just need to specify a value of MaxNumberOfTweetsToReceive higher than 100 tweets, Tweetinvi will automatically iterate over the results until it gets to the expected number of results or twitter does not have any result left to provide.

Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 2/6/2014 at 11:18 AM
Feb 7, 2014 at 1:16 AM
thanks before.:) i will try it and reporting later. ;)
Feb 9, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Hi Linvi.
Your method it's work. I'm so happy.
But my program getting not responding until tweetinvi finished his job.
How to combine tweetinvi with background worker?
I have try it, but not working, I will post my code so you will understand what I mean.
Thanks in future..