Using Hammock and Tweetinvi

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Hello !

I already managed to perform Oauth with Hammock , how can I then Use TweetInvi in a Windows Phone 8 application ?

I would like to know as well if it is posible to post a tweet containing a picture with Tweetinvi on WP ?

Thank you very much !
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Hi,

I already managed to perform Oauth with Hammock , how can I then Use TweetInvi in a Windows Phone 8 application ?

To be honest I have not developed anything yet with Windows Phone but I believe you should be able to use the API as is, just including the dll.

I would like to know as well if it is posible to post a tweet containing a picture with Tweetinvi on WP ?

This is a feature that multiple users requested but this is not yet available. This feature will be developed within Tweetinvi 0.9.1.

Regards,
Linvi
Feb 18, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Ok thank you very much !
Mar 17, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Hi Linvi: I'm very interested in this subject too. Is a great new that this feature will be avaible soon. In the middle, do you know any trick to publish a image inside a tweet using tweetinvi???

Regards...
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Hi,

No there is none that I know of yet because it requires the content type to be multipart and I have not worked on the subject enough to give you a solution for it.
Either case this feature will be available in 0.9.2.0 which is probably coming in 1 month or 1 month and a half, 0.9.1.0 has switched to be Tweetinvi for Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Mono (Android and Linux).

If you are willing to implement this feature on your own, I think the best thing to do is have a look into the OAuthWebRequestGenerator.

Probably add :
webRequest.ContentType = "multipart/form-data"; // line 244
The generation of the signature will probably need to be updated to not include the given parameters (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/uploading-media).

Obviously this no simple update but if you want to try it I can assist you on the road. Otherwise, I will do my best to quickly come up with a solution!

Linvi