When should Retweeted and RetweetCount be set

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:32 PM
When monitoring tweets in the debugger, captured in a FilteredStream, I can see tweets which are retweets (evidenced by having RetweetedTweet set to the original Tweet), but yet the .Retweeted property is false, and the RetweetedCount property is 0.

When should I expect these to be set, is not in the context of a retweeted tweet.

Thanks
Editor
Mar 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Retweeted property tells if the authenticating user has retweeted the tweet in question.

Also there's no RetweetedCount but a RetweetCount that should be set to the number of retweets of the original tweet. Now if RetweetedTweet is set, then RetweetCount must be greater than 0 from my understanding.

Maybe you can post a tweet id that shows this behaviour.

Kind Regards,
Lokesh
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Hi,

Sorry about that, I am currently simply returning the information sent from Twitter which seem to be illogic.

Here are 2 values of the json retrieved retrieved from the stream

"retweet_count" : 9,
"retweeted" : false,

I could have additional logic to counter this issue but I think I will post on the Twitter forum for this one.

Linvi
May 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Edited May 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Any movement on this one. Using 0.9.2.3, I see I am getting Tweets with the RetweetedTweet set, but with the Retweeted flag set to False, and retweet count set to 0.

Example ID = 464358161311600641

Thanks
Coordinator
May 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Hi,

None for the moment, I have taken the decision to send the information received from the Twitter API. Even when they are not valid.

Linvi