Search to return full JSON results for Twitter API GET search/tweets

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Hi Linvi,
  1. Could you please provide functionality or provide direction on how to access the full JSON returned by the twitter API call: https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1/get/search/tweets that your API is making?
  2. I noticed your SearchJsonController (under Tweetinvi.Controllers.Search) seems to provide the ability to do this, but I don't see any documentation on how to implement this. Could you update the 'Search' section of you documentation to show how one might go about this?
By the way, I did notice you had TweetJson.GenerateOEmbedTweet(tweet), but this is not what I'm looking for, as this eliminates all JSON data returned by the twitter API get/search call.

Thanks so much for your time and a great Twitter API!
-Paul
Apr 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Edited Apr 7, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Hi Paul,

This feature is not implemented, there are very few developers that need to access the Json directly.
I will implement this feature for you for the release of Tweetinvi 0.9.2.x that should go online tomorrow evening (24 hours from now).

If you need this right now, you will need to add a reference to Tweetinvi.Controllers and do the following:
var searchParameter = Search.GenerateSearchTweetParameter("my search");
var searchQueryGenerator = TweetinviContainer.Resolve<ISearchQueryGenerator>();
var searchQuery = searchQueryGenerator.GetSearchTweetsQuery(searchParameter);
var jsonResult = TwitterAccessor.ExecuteJsonGETQuery(searchQuery);
Concerning the documentation I thought I added an example for the Json but apparently I did not. I will do that but either case several functions are not available to request the json directly from it. I will try to improve that in the coming versions.

Regards,
Linvi

Related Work Item
Marked as answer by linvi on 4/6/2014 at 4:58 PM
Apr 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Thanks so much for a Quick Reply! I really appreciate that. I will go ahead and follow the example you gave for now and look for an updated release later as you mentioned. Also, thanks for updating the documentation as well. :)

Kindest Regards,
-Paul
Apr 7, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Tweetinvi 0.9.2.0 is now release please use the following code :
var jsonResult = SearchJson.SearchTweets("tweetinvi");
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 4/7/2014 at 3:42 PM
Apr 7, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Awesome! Thanks Sooo Much! :D