Warning Email

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I have received the following email from Twitter. Can anyone shed any light on what I have done wrong. I did set my App to have write access in order to be able to receive Direct Messages.Comments welcome, thanks.

This is a notice that your application, <MyApp Name>, is no longer allowed to perform write operations.
Please make sure that your application follows Twitter's API Terms of Service

To request that your application be re-enabled for write operations, please visit our support form.

While this restriction is still in place, please do not attempt to register a new API key for your application without authorization from Twitter. Such an action is a violation of our API Terms of Service and may result in the permanent suspension of your application (as well as any associated developer accounts).
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Hi,

What is your application doing? Please details this is quite important to know what you are doing in order to give you advice on this.
Are you using multiple credentials from the same IP address, if yes how and what feature are you using?

As described you need to contact them so that they let you know what you did wrong.
Please share your experience if you have any response from them.

Linvi
Jun 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Very simply I am running a Filterstream, tracking five or six string patterns, and a Userstream in order to track direct messages, No writing.

Any ideas?
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Are you using external user credentials?
I cannot see any reason why you would be blocked to be honest you need to ask them.

Linvi
Aug 13, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Any update on this?
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM
If you receive a warning email it usually mean that Twitter believe that you are not following the terms notably in regard with the privacy.
You need to contact them in order to ask them why they did send you this email.

Linvi