Exclude retweets and replies

Jul 19, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Edited Jul 19, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Very easy to use API!!!

im trying to get streams from the users that i'm following and it working fine, is there a way to exclude or filter out retweets and replies in the stream? just need the tweet from the user, im using filtered stream

also, what are the dfferences between stream types? and which one should I use for the code below?
CreateFilteredStream
CreateTrackedStream
CreateTweetStream
CreateUserStream
            var user = User.GetLoggedUser();
            var frieds = user.GetFriendIds();
            var stream = Stream.CreateFilteredStream();

foreach (var fried in frieds)
            {
                stream.AddFollow(fried);
            }
            stream.AddFollow(user.Id);

stream.MatchingTweetReceived += (o, s) =>Console.WriteLine(s.Tweet.Creator.Name + ": " + s.Tweet.Text);
            stream.StreamStarted += (o, s) => Console.WriteLine("Stream Started: " + DateTime.Now);
            stream.StreamStopped += (o, s) => Console.WriteLine("Stream Stopped: " + DateTime.Now);

stream.StartStreamMatchingAnyCondition();
Many Thanks!
Jul 20, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Hello,

There is now way to do that right now, I would advise to simply use the Tweet.IsRetweet property.

FilteredStream : Filters the tweets created on twitter and sends them back to the stream
TrackedStream : Get all the tweets from a stream (requires url) and allow you to track some keywords
SampleStream : Get random 1% of the tweets published on twitter (~4Millions/day)
UserStream : Get all the tweets related with your account.

The last one is interesting, you can in fact use the following method:
var userStream = Stream.CreateUserStream();
userStream.TweetCreatedByFriend += (sender, args) =>
{
    if (!args.Tweet.IsRetweet)
    {
        // Do my code logic
    }
};
Linvi
Marked as answer by jrtagams on 7/20/2014 at 6:56 PM
Jul 21, 2014 at 2:56 AM
thanks Linvi!!!
Dec 9, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Hey,

You seem to have missed CreateTweetStream() above.

For a brief explanation and example of CreateTweetStream() there is a related discussion: https://tweetinvi.codeplex.com/discussions/540990

Horatiu