FilteredStream

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I am trying to monitor a #tag been tweeted, this isn't specific to any single user, as it is the #tag I am interested in, as I have to perform some other tasks once its received. i though that by using the filteredstream i would be able to get this as i thought it was a public stream, but i am only getting a response when i tweet the #tag, if i get my developer to tweet it i get nothing.

this is the code i am using, it is very basic, and the #tag will be changed once i have found one, and done what needs doing with it.
                TwitterCredentials.SetCredentials("Access_Token","Token_Secret", "Consumer_Key","Consumer_Secret");
            try
            {
                var filteredStream = Tweetinvi.Stream.CreateFilteredStream();
                filteredStream.AddTrack("testing123");
                filteredStream.MatchingTweetReceived += filteredStream_MatchingTweetReceived;
                filteredStream.StartStreamMatchingAllConditions();

}
            catch (Exception excp)
            {

}
any pointers would be much appreciated, i am maybe misunderstanding the filteredstream function.

Thanks
Lee
Jul 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Panic over, it seems to be working the majority of the time, although i had a colleague who had protected tweets, which it didn't seem to pick up. ??

Thanks
Lee
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM
FilteredStream is a public stream. You will never get any protected Tweets from it.

The only way to get protected Tweets is to use the UserStream and you will therefore be limited to the Tweets created by you, your followers or the people you follow.
Also please note that even if you use the FilteredStream and use a track that is too large (e.g. hello), you might go beyond the 1% cap of the Streaming APIs.

This cap is currently between 4 and 6 millions tweets per day. At such point you will also loose Tweets.

Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 7/25/2014 at 12:43 PM
Jul 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM
hi, thanks for the response, that's fine, i will let them know it will only work with public tweets, i guess with the way twitter is, the majority of people are public anyway.

and the #tags will be unique, and as soon as one is intercepted, and new one is generated, so i should be ok with the 1% cap

thanks again.

Lee