[ADMIN] What do you want in Tweetinvi 0.9.4.0?

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Hello,

This is the first time I wrote a post on the forum in order to get some requirements from you.
I do not expect many replies to this post but I want you to let me know what you would love to see in the next version of Tweetinvi.

I will review every requests.

Here are the following features already in development for the next release
  • Add Tweet metadata for Search Tweets Results
  • Add Extended Properties to Tweet (additional properties have been added since Tweetinvi 0.9.3.x)
  • Provide more functions from the TwitterAccessor to let the developers have more power using it.
  • Specify search radius from Kilometers or Miles
  • Private Messages : Provide more options (parameters)
  • Give access to all the Block methods (Destroy, ListIds, UserIds...)
  • Throw Exception to let developer know that the credentials have not yet been set
  • Fix various bugs
Jul 31, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Edited Jul 31, 2014 at 10:01 AM
For your consideration :

An asynchronous method which accepts a search string and a max and min ID and a callback address, and returns all the tweets which match that search string between the two IDs. The max ID must be an ID of a Tweet which is a positive match for the search string.

The number of Tweets returned should not be rate limited, and instead should wait and continue to collect in the background until all data is recovered. The method should use the callback address to inform on progress.

The method should take into account that data may be needed for multiple search patterns, so more than one instance may be needed to be run in parallel. This might mean for instance that the callback address may be shared so one of the parameters might need to identify it (for example it could pass the search string back).

Thanks
Aug 1, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Hi,

I'd love the ability to better manage the cursors. Maybe an overload method for User.GetFollowerIds to pass the cursor value.

Ref: https://tweetinvi.codeplex.com/discussions/539340

You said it could be implemented in later versions. :P

Thank you very much for the awesome API.
Aug 2, 2014 at 1:34 AM
@MartR I am not sure I understand what you mean by callback address? Do you mean, something specifically developed for ASP.NET?

@Imlokesh I have not yet added the wait for the Token but I have just improved the TwitterAccessor and you can now directly get data from a cursor like this:
var followerQuery = String.Format("https://api.twitter.com/1.1/followers/ids.json?screen_name={0}&count=5000", "ladygaga");
var followerIds = TwitterAccessor.ExecuteCursorGETQuery<long, IIdsCursorQueryResultDTO>(followerQuery);
Aug 2, 2014 at 1:37 AM
@Imlokesh I have just the work item to the release.
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Hi Linvi,

Thanks for the update. This new method seems helpful but there is one problem.

How do I extract the last cursor to resume after waiting sufficiently?

The only way I think of is to parse the LastException's URL.

I know you can probably simplify this situation. And an auto wait feature would be the best. :D

Thank you.
imlokesh
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Hi,

Yes, it will be added to the release, I just wanted to let you know about this new method because it can be useful.
Also, because this feature will be used by only few people it will be accessible either by using the TwitterAccessor or by setting a TweetinviConfig variable.

Linvi
Sep 2, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Hi Linvi,

Coming to think of it, you're right in that the automatic wait feature would not be useful for majority of Tweetinvi users. That's why I think it'll be better if I code this functionality into my own application.

However, I have another feature request. Is there any way to get a proxy working with tweetinvi? I'm using multiple credentials from my program and it would be great if I can specify a System.Net.IWebProxy for each credential. So that if I do TwitterCredentials.ExecuteOperationWithCredentials() it'll automatically use the proxy for the credential.

Again, I understand not many would find this feature useful. So maybe you can point me in the right direction on how I can do this on my own? Unfortunately, I can't really get my head around the DTO stuff.

Thank you very much.
imlokesh
Sep 8, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Hi,

This will be added to the coming version (Associated Work Item).

Linvi
Sep 25, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Proxy has now been added to the Source Code of Tweetinvi :)
Sep 26, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Thank you VERY much man! :)
Oct 1, 2014 at 6:38 AM
Ability to manage a blacklist of handles and hashtags
Oct 1, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Hi John,

I am not sure I understand the feature you want me to implement, could would provide more information?
The new version comes with various new methods to handle Blocks.

Tweetinvi 0.9.4.0 should have been released yesterday therefore I will not add any feature at this point. But I will be happy to work on any feature that you need on the next version.

Regards,
Linvi
Oct 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Hi Linvi,

How about an update to the ITweetEntities interface to include the symbols object? (See: https://dev.twitter.com/overview/api/entities-in-twitter-objects#symbols)

Right now, only media, urls, user_mentions and hashtags fields are implemented (as of 0.9.3.3)
Oct 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your input. This feature will be added to the next version of Tweetinvi.
I have created a new thread and I also created a work item for your request.

Please be sure to follow the new thread or the work item to get news concerning your request :)

Linvi