A) Authorize "to use your account?" keep appearing and B) How to get user infos

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I need to create a simple "Log in" with Twitter account and I have the following problems:
  • A) Authorize "to use your account?" keep appearing - steps are:
    1 - Create a Twitter account -> Create an new App -> Permission: "Read only" and select checkbox "Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter"
    2 - From my page /TwitterLogin.aspx -> https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token={TOKEN} -> After I click accept "Authorize "<APP_NAME>" to use your account?" then I'm redirected to callback page -> /TwitterCallbak.aspx get the "oauth_token" and "oauth_verifier"
    3 - So at this point I've approve that app to use my twitter account. If I repeat the process - access /TwitterLogin.aspx the app request to be approved again and again.
Code for /TwitterLogin.aspx
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            var applicationCredentials = CredentialsCreator.GenerateApplicationCredentials("<My_ConsumerKey>", "<My_ConsumerSecret>");
            string url = CredentialsCreator.GetAuthorizationURLForCallback(applicationCredentials, string.Format("{0}/SocialLogin/TwitterCallbak.aspx", Utils.GetSiteRootUrl()));

//Saving applicationCredentials into session for using them later.
            Session["AUTH-KEY"] = applicationCredentials.AuthorizationKey;
            Session["AUTH-SECRET"] = applicationCredentials.AuthorizationSecret;

Response.Redirect(url);
        }
Code for /TwitterCallbak.aspx
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    //OAuth Tokens
    string OAuthTokenCode = Utils.Get<string>("oauth_token", string.Empty);
    string OAuthVerifierCode = Utils.Get<string>("oauth_verifier", string.Empty);

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(OAuthTokenCode) && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(OAuthVerifierCode))
    {
        var applicationCredentials = CredentialsCreator.GenerateApplicationCredentials("<My_ConsumerKey>", "<My_ConsumerSecret>");

//Setting applicationCredentials to the previous one i saved in sessions.
        applicationCredentials.AuthorizationKey = Session["AUTH-KEY"].ToString();
        applicationCredentials.AuthorizationSecret = Session["AUTH-SECRET"].ToString();

// Here we provide the entire URL where the user has been redirected
        try
        {
            var newCredentials = CredentialsCreator.GetCredentialsFromVerifierCode(OAuthVerifierCode, applicationCredentials);
            if (newCredentials != null)
            {
                //use your credentials here newCredentials.AccessToken, newCredentials.AccessTokenSecret
                string AccessToken = newCredentials.AccessToken;
                string AccessTokenSecret = newCredentials.AccessTokenSecret;

TwitterCredentials.SetCredentials(AccessToken, AccessTokenSecret, "<My_ConsumerKey>", "<My_ConsumerSecret>");                        
                var user = Tweetinvi.User.GetLoggedUser();

//log success
            }
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            //log error
        }

return;
    }

//CANCEL/DENY APP REQUEST
    string UserDenyCode = Utils.Get<string>("denied", string.Empty);

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(UserDenyCode))
    {
        //log error
        return;
    }
}
After some research I found out that there are two URLs used in auth process:
https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authenticate?oauth_token={TOKEN}
https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token={TOKEN}
so I've saw that /TwitterLogin.aspx generate a url like this one
https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token={TOKEN}
and to resolve the problem in /TwitterLogin.aspx I've replace the line
string url = CredentialsCreator.GetAuthorizationURLForCallback(applicationCredentials, string.Format("{0}/SocialLogin/TwitterCallbak.aspx", Utils.GetSiteRootUrl()));
with
string url = CredentialsCreator.GetAuthorizationURLForCallback(applicationCredentials, string.Format("{0}/SocialLogin/TwitterCallbak.aspx", Utils.GetSiteRootUrl())).Replace("authorize", "authenticate");
And now the problem seams to go away, but the question is there another way to do this and I miss it ?

And B) How to get user infos, in /TwitterCallbak.aspx the line
var user = Tweetinvi.User.GetLoggedUser();
return all properties with NULL values, so how can I get Twitter Username, ScreenName, Profile Image please ?

Cheers
Oct 19, 2014 at 7:45 PM
No one ?
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2014 at 11:45 PM
I will try to come back on your issue later but would you please verify that the values of the user are null.

Simply try to print the username and let me know if this work:
var user = User.GetLoggedUser();
Console.WriteLine(user.Name);
Linvi
Oct 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM
Thx that worked! I don't know why I haven't see that...

This resolve the the point B) for who read this post.