SearchType not working?

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Hello. I've been having an interesting problem when attempting to get data back from a search from Tweetinvi. Here's my code:
var searchParameter = Search.GenerateTweetSearchParameter("#[hashtag] exclude:retweets exclude:replies");
searchParameter.SearchType = Tweetinvi.Core.Enum.SearchResultType.Popular;
searchParameter.MaximumNumberOfResults = 100;
var tweets = Search.SearchTweets(searchParameter);
The problem I'm encountering is that I get the same set of tweets back, regardless of what SearchType is set to. It seems that I'm always getting the default type (Mixed, I believe) rather than the intended (Popular).

When performing this same query using the Twitter API console, I recieve different responses based on the type of the search, as expected, leading me to believe this is a problem with Tweetinvi. The excludes may be the source of the problem, if Tweetinvi doesn't support them correctly (like the since parameter, they're a hidden parameter of the API).
Oct 21, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Hello there,

I know it has already been 11 days since you publish your post, but I will have a look into this problem and let you know.
Please find the issue here.

Regards,
Linvi
Nov 7, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Hi,

It looks like there is a problem with the results returned by Twitter because the query is specifying the parameter correctly.
I will probably make a request concerning this problem on dev.twitter.com.

Linvi
Nov 11, 2014 at 12:50 AM
I have fixed the issue. Please download the latest version from the Source Code in order to use this feature.
It will be available as part of the coming patch 0.9.4.1.

Regards,
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 11/10/2014 at 4:50 PM