Multi language stream

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:13 PM
Is this possible for a stream to capture tweets in different languages ? If so could you show me an example please ? =)
I recently started to use this library so i don't know yet all this possibilities :)
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2015 at 2:01 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your question. Tweetinvi currently does not implement this feature, for the simple reason that I did not thought it was possible to provide multiple languages as a parameter to a stream.

But reading the documentation (https://dev.twitter.com/streaming/overview/request-parameters#language) after your question I found out that this is in theory possible.

In the current version it is possible to filter the stream for a single language :
var stream = Stream.CreateSampleStream();
stream.FilterTweetsLanguage(Language.French);
If you need this feature to be implemented in the next release of Tweetinvi please let me know and I will add it to the list.

Cheers,
Linvi
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2015 at 2:02 AM
You can vote on the work item if you want to be notified when the feature is implemented.

https://tweetinvi.codeplex.com/workitem/2522

Regards,
Linvi
Mar 10, 2015 at 1:01 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your fast answer and your incredible work ! =)

Well if you don't mind i would appreciate to see this feature implemented in the next version but i can also wait another release.

Regards,

Scoty020
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM
Alright, this has been added to scope of Tweetinvi 0.9.6.0.
This next version should be released around the end of April.

Though as soon as the feature is implemented I will let you know and you will be able to use it from the Source Code.

Thank you for your fast answer and your incredible work ! =)

Thank you I appreciate it. Feel free to rate and let any comment on the download page.

Regards,
Linvi
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Hi,

A quick message to let you know that multiple has now been implemented in the latest version.
Until it is released, you can access this feature with the Source Code - Tweetinvi 0.9.6.0.

Regards,
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 3/13/2015 at 3:15 AM
Mar 16, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Hi linvi,

Thank you for you speed ! I downloaded the code and tested it this morning it works perfectly =)
Thank you very much, i can now go a step forward.

Have a great day,

Scoty020