Problems with Authorization URL

May 4, 2015 at 3:38 AM
Whenever the authorization URL opens up on Windows Phone it brings me to the Twitter authorization page, but after logging in and authorizing it comes up with:
"This page requires some information that was not provided. Please return to the site that sent you to this page and try again ... it was probably an honest mistake"
I tested the same behaviour in emulator, 2 devices and opera mini.
But when printing the generated URL to Debug and opening the URL in a desktop browser, it works fine, I can get the code and enter it in my app to create the application credentials.

What's going on here? Anyone experienced this as well? I'm not sure if it could be to do with Tweetinvi or if it's something else?

Also very strange behaviour - when tapping the authorize button after the URL has been opened on Windows Phone it flashes the correct screen (with the code) for a split second, but then comes up with the error page pasted above.

The code I am using:
var tempcreds = CredentialsCreator.GenerateApplicationCredentials(consumerkey, consumersecret);

String urlstring = CredentialsCreator.GetAuthorizationURL(tempCreds);

Uri url = new Uri(urlstring, UriKind.Absolute);

var success = await Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(url);
Coordinator
May 4, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Hi,

Let me clarify the process in order to make sure that I understand your problem.
  1. You an URL that goes onto the PIN authentication of Twitter.
  2. The page opens and requests the user to login with your application.
  3. You enter the credentials and the you are redirected by Twitter to the PIN page where you can see the code.
  4. BUG : Whilst the page has appeared, Twitter has redirected you few seconds after to another page informing that you did not provide the required information?
This bug also happens only on Windows Phone?

If this is correct, could you please let me know which version of Windows Phone you are targeting. It also seems that this bug is not related with Tweetinvi at all.
But please give me more details so that I can investigate this issue.

Linvi
May 4, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Yes, that's the correct process, although for step 4, Twitter redirects instantly to the error page. On a less powerful device, it is possible to see the PIN page for a fraction of a second before it loads the error page.

I experience this on Windows Phone 8.1 (OS version: 8.10.12400.899) only (that includes the Visual Studio Emulator), although I'm not able to test on any other versions of WP.