Need help!!!

May 12, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Edited May 12, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Hi everyone,
i have just approached to this library in order to complete an university progect,so i am a newbie and please forgive me if my questions can appear stupid for you.

i am just trying some simple function like this

TwitterCredentials.SetCredentials("" , "" , "" ,"");
Tweet.PublishTweet("@ciao");

Obviously between the quotes i set the parameters requested that i have got from the site apps.twitter.com but nothing appear on my twiiter page.
Then i fought i didn't have the privileges to publish so i tried to get a tweet using this function

var tweets = Search.SearchTweets("sampdoria");

but i get this exception System.NullReferenceException.
Can someone help me showing how to set the credential and the correct code for the function i have written?
Coordinator
May 12, 2015 at 5:08 PM
Could you check the exception handled by Tweetinvi and send me back the information.

Exception Handler.

Linvi
May 13, 2015 at 8:37 AM
should i do like this?
        .SetCredentials("","","","");

var tweets = Search.SearchTweets("sampdoria");

var exceptionStatusCode = ExceptionHandler.GetLastException().StatusCode;
        var exceptionDescription = ExceptionHandler.GetLastException().TwitterDescription;
        var exceptionDetails = ExceptionHandler.GetLastException().TwitterExceptionInfos.First().Message;
if it is right i got exceptionStatusCode = 0 and the others = null
Coordinator
May 17, 2015 at 6:15 PM
Hi,

I have just realized that I did not reply to your post. Sorry about that, I just missed the email and did not reply.
Do you still encounter an issue using your credentials?

The error you sent to me looks very strange as Status Code of 0 just means nothing. Do you have additional information?

Regards,
Linvi
May 18, 2015 at 12:23 PM
It was my fault;probably i copied wrong the credetials or i set wrong the access privileges.

I'm sorry for wasting your time.
Marked as answer by linvi on 5/18/2015 at 6:39 AM
Coordinator
May 18, 2015 at 1:39 PM
No worries, I am here to guide developers through the library ;)

Regards,
Linvi