MissingManifestResourceException publishing from windows phone 8.1 app

May 25, 2015 at 10:22 AM
I can publish to Twitter from the emulator.

My code:
private async Task PublishTweet()
    {
        StorageFile file = await ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder.GetFileAsync("shareImage.png");
        var credentials = TwitterCredentials.CreateCredentials(App.localSettings.Values["TwitterAccessToken"].ToString(), App.localSettings.Values["TwitterAccessTokenSecret"].ToString(), "XXX", "XXX");

        TwitterCredentials.SetCredentials(credentials);
        byte[] file1 = await ReadFile(file);
        var shareTweet = Tweet.CreateTweet(App.ViewModel.CurrentItem.Description + " #" + ResourceLoader.GetForCurrentView().GetString("Hashtag"));
        shareTweet.AddMedia(file1);

        var result = await shareTweet.PublishAsync();

}
But debugging from device, throws the MissingManifestResourceException at the last line
var result = await shareTweet.PublishAsync();
May 29, 2015 at 9:33 AM
Edited May 29, 2015 at 9:45 AM
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about that. Have you been able to find a solution online.
From a first glance on the forums it seems to be a known issue.

Have you read this post?

Please let me know if you still encounter this issue. Or if you have fixed it, any feedback is valuable.

Regards,
Linvi
Jun 3, 2015 at 10:06 AM
Hi Linvi,

Thanks for your answer.

Can you explain how can I apply that workaround for tweetinvi dll?

Regards
Jun 7, 2015 at 1:46 AM
Well,

The thing is that this issue has been marked as fixed by Microsoft. So I guessed your phone might not have been updated to the latest version of the OS.
But if it has, I will have to move all resources into static classes. This is no big deal but I'd prefer if you could check if your phone is updated to the latest version.

Cheers,
Linvi
Jun 7, 2015 at 5:49 PM
I'm sure my phone is updated. In fact, I tried to compile on three different phones, Lumia 520, 630 and 1020, all of them updated to the latest version (the 1020 is developer preview activated). And I tried with the Visual Studio 2013 and the Visual Studio 2015 RC.

So, I think it isn't really fixed by Microsoft.

Thanks.
Jun 7, 2015 at 7:12 PM
Hi,

Ok, based on what you said, Tweetinvi 0.9.8.0 will be released with a fix for this issue.
I have opened a new Work Item that you can find here.

This released has been delayed but should be available in the coming days.

Cheers,
Linvi
Jun 8, 2015 at 4:55 PM
I look forward to this new release and hopefully solve the problem.

Thanks!
Jun 29, 2015 at 1:08 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that version 0.9.8.1 has now been released and should fix your problem.

Regards,
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 6/28/2015 at 5:08 PM
Jul 3, 2015 at 9:05 AM
Hi Linvi,

I tried the new version and everything works fine for me.

Thanks.
Jul 3, 2015 at 9:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Enjoy Tweetinvi :)