Update profile image

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:20 PM
Hi,
  1. Is there a way to updating profile or header image with the api?
  2. For uploading tweet images, proxies were not working in Tweetinvi. Will there be a solution for it?
Thank you.
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Hi,

1 -> Not yet, this feature has never been requested by any developer so it is currently planned for Tweetinvi 0.9.10.0. If you need it I could release this as part of 0.9.9.0?
2 -> Yes this will be part of the release of Tweetinvi 0.9.9.0.

Cheers,
Linvi
Jun 9, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Actually in another thread in this forum, I have seen a similar issue request for the settings and the images from another user. In my opinion, in addition to the current features, it is the most useful module that we can deploy to the end user. I am looking forward to use it with your api. Actually I am using another api along with yours just for this purpose. I can get rid of it.
Coordinator
Jun 9, 2015 at 7:52 PM
Hi,

Yes I know it was requested by another developer. I will definitely consider this when I select the tasks for Tweetinvi 0.9.9.0.
For each release I create a post called [ADMIN] What do you want in Tweetinvi 0.x.x.x? in which any developer can request a feature that is not planned.

Cheers,
Linvi
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Hi,

By the way, I don't know why I did not even mentioned it. This can already be done with Tweetinvi. It is just not implemented as a proper method.
You can use the following code:
byte[] file = File.ReadAllBytes("filepath");
var media = Upload.UploadBinary(file);

var query = string.Format("https://api.twitter.com/1.1/account/update_profile_image.json?media_id={0}", media.UploadedMediaInfo.MediaId);
var success = TwitterAccessor.TryExecutePOSTQuery(query);
Cheers,
Linvi
Marked as answer by linvi on 6/12/2015 at 3:36 AM