Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015 RC

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:55 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2015 at 2:56 PM
Hi linvi!

Prima di tutto permettimi di congratularmi con te per il lavoro che stai facendo. Keep going!

Now the problem...

Trying to retarget my project on Windows 10 family, I'm getting this exception:

{System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Tweetinvi.CredentialsCreator' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Tweetinvi.TweetinviContainer' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at Tweetinvi.Logic.TweetinviLogicModule.InitializeExceptionHandler()
at Tweetinvi.Logic.TweetinviLogicModule.Initialize()
at Tweetinvi.Injectinvi.AutofacContainer.InitializeModules()
at Tweetinvi.Injectinvi.AutofacContainer.Initialize()
at Tweetinvi.Injectinvi.AutofacContainer..ctor()
at Tweetinvi.TweetinviContainer..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Tweetinvi.TweetinviContainer.ResolveT
at Tweetinvi.CredentialsCreator..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Tweetinvi.CredentialsCreator.GenerateApplicationCredentials(String consumerKey, String consumerSecret)
at TwitterClient.View.LoginPage.<Login_Click>d__3.MoveNext()}

when calling this:

CredentialsCreator.GenerateApplicationCredentials(CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET);

Since is the very first call to Tweetinvi I can't say if others calls can be succesfull.

Is this an acknowledged problem?

Grazie!
Jun 13, 2015 at 3:19 PM
Hi,

Well reading at the stack trace it seems that you are missing a library in your project.
Have you used nuget to get the project?

Are you sure that the System.Net.dll 2.0.5.0 is located within your bin directory?

Regards,
Linvi
Jun 13, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Yup, I've used Nuget.

In the bin package there are System.Net.Http.Extensions.dll and System.Net.Http.Primitives.dll.

I'll update if the problem get solved within the next build of Windows 10.
Jun 13, 2015 at 4:40 PM
Hi,

I am currently building a Virtual Machine on windows 10 to test this. I will try to reproduce your problem.

Regards,
Linvi
Jun 14, 2015 at 9:04 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2015 at 9:08 PM
Hi,

I wanted to work on this before the release of 0.9.8.0 but for some reason I have some issues with my Azure Windows 10 Virtual Machine.
If a fix is required I will issue it as a part of a minor release.

I have created an issue that you can find here.

Cheers,
Linvi
Jun 15, 2015 at 7:34 AM
Thank you.

I'll watch this.

Regards!
Jun 16, 2015 at 2:33 PM
Hi,

Could you please give me more information concerning your project please. I have now access to my Windows 10 Virtual Machine.

Information I need :
  • Project .NET Framework target
  • Type of project
  • Other Third Party dependencies
Cheers,
Linvi
Jun 16, 2015 at 6:29 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Hi,

you can reproduce by creating a new "Windows Universal" project -> the "Blank App (Windows Universal)" one.
<TargetPlatformIdentifier>UAP</TargetPlatformIdentifier>
<TargetPlatformVersion>10.0.10069.0</TargetPlatformVersion>
<TargetPlatformMinVersion>10.0.10069.0</TargetPlatformMinVersion>
No others 3th party deps are needed to repro but Tweetinvi.

Bye!
Jun 16, 2015 at 9:27 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have been able to reproduce your issue.
I will work on this as a priority.

Cheers,
Linvi
Jun 17, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Much appreciate, thank you.

Bye.
Jun 22, 2015 at 12:29 AM
As mentionned in the Work Item for this issue :
Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that I have worked on the issue and I have not found an acceptable solution yet.
It seems to be a problem coming from Visual Studio 2015 RC and lots of libraries seems to have the same issue.

Microsoft has said that this issue should be solved with the release of the RTM but I am still working on this issue because I would like the developers to be able to work with Tweetinvi as soon as possible.

So I will keep you up to date when I have more news.

Kind Regards,
Linvi
Jun 22, 2015 at 5:29 PM
Thank you.

I'll re-update the issue when the RTM is available, hoping this get fixed by MS.
Jul 21, 2015 at 4:14 PM
Hi there,

Visual Studio 2015 RTM is available but unfortunately, Microsoft has blocked Universal App development until the 29th of July.
So I cannot yet test if the library is working :s Though I tested with Windows 8.1 universal app and this is working correctly.

See you on the 29th!
Linvi
Aug 1, 2015 at 1:29 AM
Tweetinvi 0.9.9.x will be compatible with Windows 10 and should be released in the coming days.

Cheers,
Linvi
Aug 4, 2015 at 11:40 AM
Tested today in an uap project.

Stream works well also.